Monday, December 28, 2015

# 115 Tis the season


Santa did not disappoint!
The joy and blessing of having two little girls just under three years old in the house for Christmas is beyond explanation.. It did not stay like this for long! The look on their face when they realized there was a pile of presents to open was priceless! I am happy that everyone was able to be at our house early Christmas morning for homemade cinnamon rolls and coffee. It has been our family tradition that before any gifts are opened we read the account of Jesus birth from the bible. This is the real reason for the season! I have given up midnight mass in favor of the 5 pm vigil mass. I still need the nap Christmas afternoon though...Once again my wife did a masterful job of finding just the right gifts for each family member..including me! I hope all of you had a blessed Christmas too.

Matthew 11
25 At that time Jesus said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 
26 Yes, Father, for this is what you were pleased to do.
27 “All things have been committed to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal him.
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

No comments:

Post a Comment