Monday, November 16, 2015

# 109 The speed of things

This is two pictures of the lake Livingston dam taken about 2 months apart. The top is a lake discharge of 1000 cfs. The bottom is a lake discharge of 56,000 cfs. This is a good representation of how things have gone for me the past few months. One day I am fishing in calm water and the next the flood gates are open! I was actually fishing there the day I took the top picture. I continue to recover and work to get stronger every day. I am still walking a 1/2 mile twice a day and expect to increase that next week.  One more week of home bound recovery and I will head back to work. I am ready to get back to it.

One thing is certain in this life, things will change. Sometimes it will be a big change! When the floods do come I hope you have a strong faith to hold on to. We are all looking forward to the thanksgiving and Christmas holidays ahead. We will also welcome a new Batchelder boy in December to our family, our third grandchild,and first grandson.

Enjoy your week!

James 1

Trials and Temptations

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment