Monday, November 9, 2015

# 108 Time

We have all heard all the old sayings about time..it waits for no man, it marches on. it slips away, and it flies. I have spent the last month in and out of the hospital, healing from major surgery and heart problems. When forced to slow down you get a new perspective on time, and how fragile our existence is. I added the picture above showing the ripples in the sand  as the water reseeded from our last rain event, to remind us that even nature takes its time getting back to normal. Yes one step at a time! I am pleased to tell you that I am making steps forward and should be back to work in a couple of weeks. Normal? well in my experience that will come sometime late next year.
Here are a few things I have learned in my "time off"
Prayer is a powerful thing.
My wife is a saint.
I have some very good friends.
I am really sick of TV.
The sun feels really good on your face.



Ecclesiastes 1

The sun rises and the sun sets,
    and hurries back to where it rises.
The wind blows to the south
    and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
    ever returning on its course.
All streams flow into the sea,
    yet the sea is never full.
To the place the streams come from,
    there they return again.
All things are wearisome,
    more than one can say.
The eye never has enough of seeing,
    nor the ear its fill of hearing.
What has been will be again,
    what has been done will be done again;
    there is nothing new under the sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment