Monday, October 13, 2014

# 75 Plans


We were picked for a draw (deer) hunt at a Texas Wildlife Management Area this year.
 A week long hunt in the deep hardwood forests of East Texas.
 I will be joined by two of my sons and a very good friend.
The excitement of  winning the lottery is soon replaced by the anticipation of the trip. So now the planning begins. Planning is half the fun. TOPO maps are being emailed, gear lists updated, and menu planning is in full swing. We have a month to get ready!
I once came up with this advice to myself.
Make your plans, but do not plan on it.


" And during the long winter months they are prone
to collect in little knots and talk much of camps, fishing, hunting, and “roughing it."
The last phrase is very popular and always cropping out in the talks on matters
pertaining to a vacation in the woods. I dislike the phrase. 
We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it.

 We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks, anywhere that
we may be placed—with the necessity always present of being on time and up to our work; of
providing for the dependent ones; of keeping up, catching up, or getting left.."
George Washington Sears...Nessmuk


Psalm 46
10 “Be still, and know that I am God.
    I am exalted among the nations,
    I am exalted in the earth!”


1 comment:

  1. Glad you are getting to go with the boys. I just returned from spending the weekend with my son & grandson - good times. God bless and take some video!
    JHB

    ReplyDelete