Monday, February 1, 2016

# 120 Simple Pleasures



The weather here was warm this weekend, in the high 70's. The visiting goldfinches do not seem to mind. I spent a couple secessions sitting in a bush in the yard photographing birds. simple pleasure..until it comes time to edit. When you are able to capture a shot like this one it is a thrill ( at least to me) I thought this was a female finch but upon further review I realized it was a new bird for my life list! The bird in flight is a Pine Siskin.
I have  more than once advised here that you should slow down and enjoy God's creation. I did just that. I hope you will make some time this week to do the same.

Psalm 46
The Lord Almighty is with us;

    the God of Jacob is our fortress.
Come and see what the Lord has done,

    the desolations he has brought on the earth.
He makes wars cease
    to the ends of the earth.
He breaks the bow and shatters the spear;
    he burns the shields[d] with fire.
10 
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment